But, don't let your nutrition decline! There are so many easy ways you can boost your metabolism and keep your energy up as the summer winds down. Here are a few healthful tips!
1. Drink a minimum of 64 ounces of plain water daily!
2. Get 30 minutes of cummulative exercise per day! Which means any time you're moving and your heart rate is up you can count that towards a total of 30!
3. Eat breakfast every morning! Don't let your body think it's starving, that will cause it to store more energy (aka gain weight).
4. Eat summer fruits and veggies! Try new recipes with what is in season! Like tomatoes, watermelon, peaches, okra, zucchini and yellow squash!
5. Eat the rainbow! Make sure you are getting color variety in your diet, not just green veggies, but every color. Each color has special nutrients that help your body stay healthy!
Bring in a note about which healthy tip you used this week for the end of the summer for an extra blue stripe!
"Karate Charlotte has become an integral part of our family. In addition to learning self-defense, our son has developed leadership skills, self-confidence, and attitude of never giving up and interpersonal skills that will last a lifetime. For our son, there is a self imposed expectation of achievement through regional and national competition that is truly amazing to see at such a young age and demonstrates the quality of instruction he has received. We highly recommend Mr. Streicher's programs to anyone who seeks disciplined courteous behavior from their children. Adults programs are available where students will not only gain physical skills but also develop relationships with a truly great group of people while striving to be their best."
-Brad & Suzanne McLester