But, don't let your nutrition decline! There are so many easy ways you can boost your metabolism and keep your energy up as the summer winds down. Here are a few healthful tips!
1. Drink a minimum of 64 ounces of plain water daily!
2. Get 30 minutes of cummulative exercise per day! Which means any time you're moving and your heart rate is up you can count that towards a total of 30!
3. Eat breakfast every morning! Don't let your body think it's starving, that will cause it to store more energy (aka gain weight).
4. Eat summer fruits and veggies! Try new recipes with what is in season! Like tomatoes, watermelon, peaches, okra, zucchini and yellow squash!
5. Eat the rainbow! Make sure you are getting color variety in your diet, not just green veggies, but every color. Each color has special nutrients that help your body stay healthy!
Bring in a note about which healthy tip you used this week for the end of the summer for an extra blue stripe!
"Karate Charlotte has been a blessing that we didn't see coming. We came in for an introductory session for our oldest son...and 2 years later, we are still here. We saw very quickly that it was a positive and controlled environment where our son could build self-esteem. With patience and guidance, they have given a successful outline to motivate and encourage each child's potential for growth inside and out. The programs available to each student are also something to applaud; from the reading program, to goal setting and helping teach other classes. Along the way we found a Karate Charlotte family as well. The parents of all the kids have been a bonus and we can't imagine being enrolled anywhere else. What started as one, we now have both our children enrolled and most importantly is that They Love It!"
-Stacy & Kelly Dunn